Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Honey-Orange Glazed Carrots

“I hate people who are not serious about meals. It is so shallow of them.” - Oscar Wilde

I was about to squeeze lemon juice on my carrots, making myself a traditional parsley carrot dish, when I thought waaaiiiitt...I have half an orange in the fridge. I wonder how that would taste on carrots? The answer...sweet and wonderful. I hope you enjoy it too. 



Ingredients: 
1 1/2 cups water
1 lb baby carrots
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 fresh orange
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
dash of pepper

Directions:
Step 1: Bring the water to a boil in a medium sized pan and cook the carrots on medium-high heat, covered, for 10-15 minutes or until they are tender. Drain the excess water.

Step 2: To the pan add butter or margarine, honey,  juice from ½ orange, seasoned salt, and dash of pepper. Simmer on low an additional 2-5 minutes before serving.

Serves 3-4 sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment