Sunday, September 16, 2012

Fresh Mozzarella Balsamic Tomato Salad: World's Easiest Side Dish

"Time is an illusion." - Albert Einstein

Today I picked 12 gorgeous cherry tomatoes from my garden. I thought about just serving them with ranch, since the main dish I was making was almost done and I didn't have a lot of time.  Then I remembered a side dish I used to make a lot because it is healthy, and more importantly, super fast! This salad is only 3 ingredients and takes less than 5 minutes to prepare.

My parents actually had the cooked version of this side dish on their honeymoon, which I'll make and post another time!



Ingredients:

12 cherry tomatoes
4 ounces of fresh mozzarella 
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

Directions:
  
Step 1: Wash tomatoes and remove stems. Set on serving plate. 


Step 2: Cut fresh mozzarella into 1/2" cubes. Add to the tomatoes. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Serves 2.


No comments:

Post a Comment