Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Is it National Bacon Day yet?

"I’ll have the smiley face breakfast special. Uhh, but could you add a bacon nose? Plus bacon hair, bacon mustache, five o’clock shadow made of bacon bits and a bacon body." - Homer Simpson

I have literally been eating a BLT for lunch or dinner almost every day for the last week. Why? I've found the perfect combination of gluten-free bread for them and also--bacon. Did I mention bacon? Baaaaccccoooonnnn.

So this is kind of a lame excuse for a recipe post, but it needed to happen because I can't stop eating these.

Also, sorry for no pics of the bacon. I meant to take a pic...but then I ate it :(




Ingredients:
2 slices of Udi's Gluten-Free White Bread (this is by far the best GF sandwich bread I've tried!)
1 leaf butterleaf lettuce
2 thin slices tomato
3 slices thick cut applewood smoked bacon
1/2 tablespoon lite mayo

Directions:

Step 1:  Lightly toast  2 pieces of Udi's Gluten-Free White Bread. Spread light mayo evenly across one side.  Add lettuce and tomato.

Step 2: Cook bacon in pan on medium-low heat for approximately 8 minutes per side. The bacon should be slightly crispy, but still soft.  Cut bacon slices in half and lay across bread so it is completely covered with bacon.

Step 3: Eat sandwiches every day for a month, because they are completely addicting. BACON!

Serves 1.




Orion says, "Put the bacon in my belly."

No comments:

Post a Comment