Monday, November 26, 2012

My First Thanksgiving Turkey!

"I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old fashion way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land." - Jon Stewart

I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving! I sure did. This year was my first time hosting Thanksgiving AND my first year cooking a turkey! I solicited my friends on facebook for advice, and the turkey ended up being delicious and very easy. We had zero leftovers. Here's how I did it:


Ingredients:
1 turkey (I used a 15 pound turkey to feed 10 guests)
1 cup white wine
1 cup gluten-free chicken broth
1 tablespoon salt
4 tablespoons butter

Directions:

Step 1: After the neck and giblets have been removed, pour white wine and chicken broth on turkey so the turkey has been initially marinated. Rub butter over and under the skin. Stick any extra butter under the skin, next to the breast of the chicken. Rub the skin with salt.

Step 2:  Bake turkey in large roasting pan at 375 for approximately 13 minutes per pound of meat (unstuffed). Baste turkey every 45 minutes with juices from the pan.  You can use the extra juice for gravy when the turkey has been fully cooked!     

Serves 8-12 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment