Sunday, January 19, 2014

"Berry Good for You" Kale Juice

"Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself." - Rumi



Today I had my first vegan pizza. It was kind of an eye-opening experience. Food can taste really good, and reflect my values.

Honestly, my general impression of vegans has been people who live on vegetables and unhappiness. Its hard for me to picture myself being satisfied and eating vegan. But lately, I've really been aware of the impact I have on the world with my food choices. I've also been noticing the impact my food choices have on my body, and my thinking is starting to shift. 

I still don't think I have the discipline to ever go completely vegan, but I'm really interested in cooking more environmentally and animal friendly foods. So, hopefully you will see more vegetarian and vegan gluten-free recipes popping up on my blog. (vegan pizza from Plant Based Pizza)

Speaking of which...yep, I'm still obsessed with juicing. And kale.  This is the fusion of my two obsessions. Perfection in a glass!

Ingredients:
7 strawberries
1/3 cup blueberries
1 1/2 cups kale
13 raspberries
6 blackberries



I'm using the Breville juicer pictured below (links to amazon if you want the same one!):

No comments:

Post a Comment